Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Temecula Gardner School life-11/13/13 (Wednesday)

Today, I visited Great Oak High school for practicum which is the newest high school here in TVUSD and has a great reputation in California. I quickly found that the students here were not only well-educated in their disciplines, but they also try to reach their goals enthusiastically. I heard this school offers a variety of high-quality educational programs: One of the ways Great Oak provides such a great environment for education is the IB program. Similar to Advanced Placement courses, IB courses are high level classes. Some academical options such as International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program and Advanced Placement courses are designed to meet students’ academical needs. I’ve hard students who take those courses staying up till random hours of the night to do home work. I met Laura who is a shadowing student for me today and I joined 2nd class to 5th class. She is also in this programs. The similar dream like going to the college they want to be accepted has those students study by themselves even in the classroom. One thing that is frequently encountered, particularly in the upper grades, is students should be more struggling with writing. Sometimes we misunderstood American students, for examples, they always date or hang out. I don’t think so. I think they study more about things they want to do in the future rather than learning something that they will only remember for an assessment. Most American schools not only have students fun for themselves with amusing activities but they also get academic chances to their fullest potentional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment